How do I add and use Web Parts?
Article Number: 1093 | Rating: 4/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Tue, Mar 6, 2012 2:51 PM
Add Web Parts to your Sharepoint:
- Open your Sharepoint and click "Site Actions" > "Site Settings".
- Go to "Galleries" in the next window and click "Web Parts".
- You get now an overview of all active Web Parts on your Sharepoint, you can configure them by clicking on the name.
- Add a new Web Part by clicking on "Documents" > "Upload document".
- Upload the webpart to your sharepoint site by clicking on the button "Browse"
- The new Web Parts are now visible ("New" in green), you can configure them by clicking on them.
Use Web Parts in your Sharepoint pages:
- Navigate in your Sharepoint to the page where you want the Web Part to be incorporated.
- Right-click "Site Actions" > "Edit Page".
- Click on "Insert" under "Editing tools". Choose "Web Part"
- Select the desired Web Part in the pop-up window and click "Add"
- The Web Part has been added to your Sharepoint and is ready for use.