How do I configure a new IP address on my server?
- Log in on MyAccount
- Choose Servers & Cloud
- Select your server
- Open the tab "Network"
- Add a new IP address and select which ports need to be opened
Write down the internal IP address assigned to you
- Connect to your server and go to your "Network and Sharing center"
Select "Local Area Connection"
Select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click on "Properties"
- Click on "Advanced"
- Click on "Add"
You can now add the new IP with the same subnet mask as your first IP
Complete the following steps to configure your extra IP on your Linux machine
- Use the command below to open the following file: /etc/network/interfaces
sudo vi /etc/network/interfaces
# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
# The loopback network interface
iface lo inet loopback
# The primary network interface
iface eth0 inet static
# dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
dns-nameservers 172.16.2.200 220.127.116.11
- Add the new IP to the file
iface eth0:1 inet static
- Restart the network service