Configure Windows Phone 7.5 for POP and IMAP
Before you start configuring your Windows Phone, you first need to create a CNAME-record autodiscover.yourdomain.be and point this to the host redirect.hostedexchange.be
Keep in mind the TTL value on the DNS servers. The record creation should be known worldwide before you can proceed with the following steps.
- Go to "Settings"
- Click "Email + accounts"
- Click "Add an account"
- Click "Other account"
- Enter your email address and password, click "Sign in"
- Click "Try again"
- Click "Advanced"
- Click "Internet email"
- Enter an account name and name at choice
- Enter the name of the incoming mail server: webmail.hostedexchange.be
- Select the account type: POP or IMAP
- Enter your user name and password
- Enter the name of the outgoing mail server of your provider: e.g. uit.telenet.be, relay.skynet.be or use again webmail.hostedexchange.be
- Click "Sign in"
- Your account has now been added to the list and is synchronizing your emails