Make and restore email backup in Apple
Article Number: 2626 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Tue, Aug 7, 2012 2:40 PM
- Go to "Mail"
- Click "Show" in the Favorites Bar to see your mailboxes in Mail’s sidebar. Select each item you want to back up (including the Sent items folder in case you would like to make a backup of these items too).
- Once the selection finished, click on one of the selected mailboxes and choose "Export Mailbox/Exporteer postbus".
- A new window will appear allowing you to select a destination folder. You can select an existing folder or create a new one by clicking "New folder" bottom left.
- Once you have selected a folder, click "OK" and the backup will be located in the chosen folder.
Restore a backup in Mail
- Open "Mail" on your new Mac or new installation of Mac OS X and go to Archive > Import Mailboxes
- Select the .mbox file and click "Choose". All e-mails will be imported from the backup in the Mail application.