Sharing a folder in Outlook 2007
Article Number: 2695 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Tue, Sep 4, 2012 2:08 PM
- In the list of mail folders on the left hand side, right-click on your Mailbox and choose "Change Sharing Permissions"
- This will open the Mailbox properties window. Make sure you are on the "Permissions" tab and then click on "Add..."
- Type the name of the person you want to share your Mailbox with in the Search box. Double-click on the name so it appears in the"Add" line and then click "OK"
- This should take you back to Mailbox window. Select the person you wish to give permission to from the list at the top. Where it says "Permission Level"- choose "Reviewer" from the drop-down box
- Click on "Apply"
- You then need to repeat this process with the actual folder you wish to share. If the folder you wish to share is a sub folder of another folder - you will need to give your colleague permission access to every folder between the Mailbox and the folder they need access to.