Set up Microsoft Exchange email on an Android
In order to set up email on you Android phone or tablet:
1.From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
2.Type your full email address, for example email@example.com, and your password, and then select Next.
3.Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
4.Enter the following account information and select Next.
- DomainUsername Type your full email address in this box. If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and type your full email address in the Username box.
- Password Use the password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server Use the address of your Exchange server. If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, use outlook.office365.com for your server name. If you are not using Office 365, see Find your ActiveSync server name later in this article.
- Email checking frequency The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, email messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days, and One week.
- Notify me when email arrives If you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new email message.
- Sync contacts from this account If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
6.Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others. Select Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
Note You may need to wait ten-to-fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive e-mail.
Find your Exchange ActiveSync server name
If your email program is not able to automatically find your Exchange ActiveSync server name, you may need to look it up.
If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, use outlook.office365.com as your Exchange ActiveSync server name. The Exchange ActiveSync server name outlook.office365.com can be used if you are using the latest version of Office 365.
If you’re not using Office 365 or if you aren’t sure if you are using the latest version of Office 365, follow these steps to look up your Exchange ActiveSync server name. Follow these steps to determine your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
1. Sign in to your account using Outlook Web App.
2. In Outlook Web App, on the toolbar, click Settings > Options > Account > My account > Settings for POP and IMAP access.
Note Although you’re not setting up a POP3 account, you will use this value to determine your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
3.Under POP setting, look at the value for Server name.
- If the Server name shows outlook.office365.com, your Office 365 account is on the latest version of Office 365, and you can use outlook.office365.com as your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
- If the Server name value is in the format podxxxxx.outlook.com, your Office 365 or other Exchange Online account is not yet on the latest version of Office 365, and you can use m.outlook.com as your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
- If the Server name value includes your organization’s name, for example, pop.contoso.com, then your Exchange ActiveSync server name is contained in address bar in your browser when you are signed in to Outlook Web app - -but without the leading https:// and without the trailing /owa. For example, if the address you use to access Outlook Web App is https://mail.contoso.com/owa, your Exchange ActiveSync server name is mail.contoso.com.