Set up POP or IMAP email on an Android device
1. From the home screen, tap Applications > Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account > Manual setup.
2. On the Incoming settings screen, in the Protocol drop-down menu, select IMAP or POP3. We suggest you select IMAP because it supports more features.
3. In the Email address and Username text boxes, type your full e-mail address, for example email@example.com, and your password, and then select Next. Your user name is the same as your e-mail address.
4. In the Password text box, enter your password.
5. In the IMAP server or POP3 server text box, enter your IMAP or POP server name. If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, the IMAP or POP server name is outlook.office365.com. If you’re not using Office 365, see Find your POP or IMAP server settings later in this article.
6. In the Security type drop-down menu and Server port text boxes, specify the POP or IMAP settings that you looked up in step 5, and then tap Next. Your e-mail application will check your IMAP or POP settings.
7. On the Outgoing server settings screen, the Login required option should be selected for you, and the Username and Password text boxes should be filled in.
8. In the SMTP server text box, enter the SMTP server name. If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, the SMTP server name is smtp.office365.com. If you’re not using Office 365, see Find your POP and IMAP server settings later in this article.
9. In the Security type drop down menu and Server port text box, specify the SMTP settings that you located in step 5, and click Next.
10. In the Account name, text box, enter a name your account (for example “Office 365 email” or “Work email). In the Your name text box, enter the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others (for example “Tony Smith”), and then select Finish Setup.
Note You may need to wait ten-to-fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive email.
Find your POP and IMAP server settings
If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, the server name for IMAP and POP is outlook.office365.com and the server name for SMTP is smtp.office365.com. These settings can be used if you are using the latest version of Office 365.
If you’re not connecting to Office 365 email, or if you aren’t sure if you are using the latest version of Office 365, do the following to look up your settings.
1. Sign in to your account using Outlook Web App. For help signing in, see Sign in to Outlook Web App.
2. In Outlook Web App, on the toolbar, click Settings > Options > Account > My account > Settings for POP and IMAP access.
3.The POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP server name and other settings you may need to enter are listed on the Settings for POP and IMAP Access page under POP setting or IMAP setting, and SMTP setting.