How can I transfer my domain name to Telenet?
From 14/6/2011 there has been a change regarding the trade or transfer procedure of BE domains.
The procedure is as follows:
- Check WHOIS on http://www.dns.be to verify if the e-mail address of the domain name owner is still valid.
- If the e-mail address is correct, you may submit your request through our website .
- Telenet will start up the transfer procedure.
- DNS Belgium will send an e-mail to the current owner containing a code and secure link.
- This link will allow the owner to fill in the code after which the procedure will be continued.
- No other confirmation to DNS Belgium or Telenet is needed.
- Once your payment is completed (by credit card 15 min., by bank transfer 2-3 working days), we will send the transfer request to eurid.
- You will receive an e-mail to confirm the transfer; the e-mail will also contain a link to a secure web page. If we don’t hear from you in 14 days or if you didn’t receive the e-mail, the transfer may also be confirmed by fax.
- Once your approval is received, Telenet will inform you by e-mail once the transfer has been completed.
- From now on you are able to manage and configure the domain name via the MyAccount control panel.
- Request the transfer of your NL domain through our website .
- Ask your current agent what the token is for your domain name. Your actual registrar is the only one who can provide this key .
- The transfer procedure will be initiated upon receipt of the Token.
To transfer other tld’s it is a bit more complicated.
- Recently there has been a new requirement to obtain a type of key from your current registrar (’authorisation code’ or also called ’EPP-key’ e.g. for com, org, biz ...) before the transfer can be started. This can cause some problems if the current registrar doesn’t cooperate (even though he is obliged to do so, practice learns that this is not always the case). Your current registrar is the only one who can provide this key . Without this key Telenet cannot start the transfer! You also need to make sure that your current registrar unblocks your domain name.
- Next our registrar, Ascio, sends an e-mail to the current registrant (owner). This e-mail must be confirmed by clicking on the secured link as provided. If the e-mail address (as found in the WHOIS database) is no longer valid, you should ask your current registrar to change your e-mail address (administrative contact and/or registrant).
- Once you have confirmed your transfer, all further actions will be handled by the registrar. You will receive an e-mail from Telenet once the transfer has been completed. It is possible that you also receive an e-mail for confirmation from the previous agent or registrar.
- From now on you are able to configure and control the domain name via the MyAccount control panel .
What to do if the e-mail address is no longer valid?
The owner will need to contact the current agent to have the e-mail address of the owner changed to a working address. How this request needs to be done depends on the agent. It is recommended to send an e-mail as well as a fax or letter. This way you will have a copy of your request at your disposal in case the agent refuses to change the address. This written evidence will allow you to file a complaint with DNS Belgium who will perform the change instead of the agent after having investigated your complaint.