How do I configure a catch-all e-mail address?
You can configure a catch-all mail account in MyAccount. A catch-all mailbox catches all the mails to your domain that did not reach other defined mailboxes. This works for all shared hosting packages, Mail Plus and Hosted Exchange.
Suppose: You have have 2 e-mail addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, the latter is configured as catch-all address. All mails sent to name1@ and info@ will be delivered in the proper mailboxes but mails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org would normally bounce because that mailbox doesn’t exist. But because of the catch-all functionality, these mails will be delivered in the mailbox info@. That way you don’t lose any mails because of a typing error in the e-mail address.
- Go to MyAccount.
- Go to "Shared Hosting" left in the menu bar.
- Select the correct domain name.
- Go to "Mail accounts" in the menu on the left.
- Select the e-mail account that you wish to define as catch-all, or create a new account for the catch-all by clicking "Add mail account" if still possible.
- Check the box "Catch-all"