Some tips for a secure site...
Websites are increasingly being hacked.
As a hosting provider we do everything possible to prevent these attacks. For all our platforms we make use of firewalls and DDoS infrastructure to protect our environment.
That’s why we’re providing you with some tips to reduce your risk of falling victim to site hacking:
1. Make use of SSL certificates (link to the SSL page) so passwords and packets can be sent in encrypted format.
2. Make sure all password input fields are configured to include a delay and a maximum number of login attempts.
3. Make sure the CMS (Content Management System) or other software on your website is always the latest version.
4. Keep in mind that when users can upload files to your website this is a potentially great risk to the security of your website, even if the purpose is for something as simple as changing their avatar.
5. Use strong passwords to protect your website. For example, you should make the password for logging in to the administration page of your website a very difficult one, and it should never be the standard password that is set during installation.
|Posted : Support Admin Account - Wed, May 15, 2013 12:48 PM. This article has been viewed 19383 times.|
|Online URL: https://onlinehelp.cloud.telenet.be/article.php?id=2874|
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)