To establish an RDP (remote desktop protocol) connection to your Dedicated server, you need to check two things first:
- Ask your Network administrator if RDP is allowed on your network
- If you use Windows 2000 or minor versions: check if any RDP software is installed, if not click the following link to download.
1. Make sure you established the VPN connection to Hostbasket. For more information to establish a VPN connection: VPN
2. Go to ’Start > All Programs > Accessories ’
3. Click Remote Desktop Connection
4. A new window will appear where you can enter your server’s IP address. ATTENTION: Use the internal IP address of your Hostbasket server that you can find in MyAccount > Servers & Cloud > Your server
You can also define some options for your RDP via the menu ’Options’ .
5. After having filled in your internal server IP address click Connect , you are now connected to your Dedicated server. User name and password can be found in MyAccount > Servers & Cloud > Your server.
Article Number: 1119
Posted: Fri, Sep 18, 2009 9:26 AM
Last Updated: Fri, Aug 4, 2017 4:32 PM
Posted: Nick Corne [email@example.com]
Online URL: https://onlinehelp.cloud.telenet.be/article.php?id=1119