How do I create a "404 - page not found" page for my hosting?
- Create the desired error page in a html editor, just as you would create any other page of your website. You can adapt the page to your taste (text, links, images, ...). This will be the page that will be displayed instead of the 404 error page.
- Save this as a .html file (e.g. 404.html).
- Upload this page via FTP to your web space. You could place the file in the directory "errors".
- Catching errors:
- LINUX hosting:
- WINDOWS hosting:
- Place your desired 404 page in your web space and choose one of the following solutions.
- Display of static HTML page:
- Display of dynamic ASP.NET page:
- Forward to a different URL:
Article Number: 1942
Posted: Mon, Nov 21, 2011 10:52 AM
Last Updated: Tue, Apr 28, 2015 1:17 PM
Posted: Nick Corne [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Online URL: https://onlinehelp.cloud.telenet.be/article.php?id=1942