This step-by-step procedure applies to the English version of MS Windows XP service pack 3. The Dutch version is similar.
1. Go to Control Panel .
2. Go to " Network and Internet Connections ".
If your window appears as follows, click " Switch to Category view " in the top left corner.
3. Choose " Create a connection to the network at your workplace " to add a new network connection.
4. Select " Virtual Private Network Connection " as type.
5. Choose a name for the connection.
6. Enter the name of the Hostbasket VPN server: e.g. vpn3.hostbasket.com (see correct VPN server in MyAccount )
7. Select the Windows user account that is allowed to use the connection.
8. You are free to select the checkbox to create a shortcut on your desktop.
9. Double-click the connection icon. Enter your VPN login and password (you received these data in an e-mail) and click Connect .
10. When the connection is created, your can start using Remote Administration Tools to connect to the server.
Always connect to the internet IP address of your server! For instance: 192.168.136.123
Article Number: 2035
Posted: Tue, Jan 31, 2012 2:37 PM
Last Updated: Tue, Aug 1, 2017 4:27 PM
Posted: Nick Corne [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Online URL: https://onlinehelp.cloud.telenet.be/article.php?id=2035